If you are looking for new ideas for corporate events in San Diego, the city has a lot to offer in scenic venues, challenging activities, and luxurious surroundings. Each successful corporate event starts with a careful plan for what you want to accomplish. You may want to reward your employees for a job well done or give them the incentive they need to improve their performance in the workplace.
Any of the thousands of businesses located in and around San Diego have lots of choices for an event that will allow their employees to unwind and bond. Keep shop talk to a minimum or make it the central focus of the day. Take the approach that best suits your ideal event, at your ideal venue. Consider the following for hosting a productive event that will keep your employees happy and at the top of their game.
- Book a Luxury Cruise around San Diego Bay – Having a corporate event on a yacht in San Diego is a fantastic option. No other venue offers as many opportunities to accomplish your event goals as a day onboard a beautiful luxury yacht. There are numerous options for serving food, engaging in team-building activities, and enjoying the sights. Cruise around the San Diego Bay and relax on the deck or from inside the comfort of the cab. You can also make the most of the relaxed setting with motivational speakers. Hire a photographer to capture the important moments throughout the day.
- The Loft at Petco Park – This is truly one of the most unique venues available in San Diego. The Loft is located on the fourth floor of the historic Western Metal Supply Building and it serves as the cornerstone of Petco Park. You and your guests can enjoy some of the best in fine dining, learn about the history of San Diego, and get a first-rate view of the Padres playing field from the open terrace.
- WaveHouse/Coaster Terrace – This is a great spot to host large events with up to 300 guests. The rooftop offers splendid views of the Pacific Ocean and you can watch the fun on the historic Giant Dipper Roller Coaster. There is also indoor space equipped with audio/visual equipment for presentations. Customized menus are available from the Beach House Grill, the largest oceanfront venue in Belmont Park. Take advantage of an oceanfront stage where you can hire entertainment, speakers, or a combination for events with 40 to 1,200 participants.
- Create a Custom Team Building Event – Competing with and against one another is a fun and dynamic way to create bonds between your employees. The relationships they build through finding solutions and meeting challenges away from the office will carry over into the workplace. Plan a team building event that includes games and challenges, embroidered t-shirts, jackets, or hats, and includes real prizes, awards, or trophies to give participants an even greater feeling of camaraderie and friendly competition.
- San Diego Museum of Art – This is the most visited art museum in San Diego, where you can view more than 18,000 objects on exhibit. You can bring a touch of culture to your corporate event with the indoor galleries or the outdoor sculpture court and garden as your venue.
- Plan a Multi-Function Event – One advantage to having your event close to home is that you aren’t limited to a single venue or a one-day time limit. You want to accomplish as many things as possible during your event. A good way to accomplish this is to include multiple activities over a two- or three- day period. For example, spend a day aboard a luxury yacht and do some whale watching. Take the next day to meet in a 5-star restaurant, perhaps with a motivational speaker, to make employees more receptive to the information you want to cover.
- Bernardo Winery – The 123-year-old winery is a unique corporate event venue that will accommodate groups of 3 to 300. Attendees will make their own labels and create their own wine blends. You can host a dinner in the private cellar, complete with the winemaker. You can also decide whether you want to include wine tasting and tours as part of your event. Catering is also available.
- Provide Luxury Transportation – Whether your corporate event includes wine tasting, an open bar, or alcohol served in any form, consider hiring a private limo to ensure your employees can indulge and get home safely. No matter what size your party will be, a limo car or Limo bus are available to carry large groups. Not only will this make your event a safer one, it will also provide employees with an added treat that will make the event even more special to them.
- The Ultimate Skybox – If you want to host an event with a breathtaking view of the city skyline and enjoy the most luxurious surroundings during your event, the Ultimate Skybox won’t disappoint. A 9′ x 12′ drop-down screen with projector, iPod hook-up, built-in sound, wireless internet, and black out shades give you the perfect setting for presentations. There are also five flat-screen TV’s, a full culinary kitchen, a 12′ fireplace, and designer lounge furniture for the ultimate in comfort and relaxation.
- Plan a Yacht Race – Some groups prefer a more exciting time during the event. An America’s Cup yacht race will provide it! Combine the luxury and thrill of racing one catamaran against another while providing employees with the ideal setting to socialize and network. The thrills of the race will help to build camaraderie and unity that you will need from your talent once you return to the workplace.
Any time that the guests are active participants in an event, there is a lot more to be gained than when they are simply observers. A carefully planned event can result in a group of individuals who feel more like vital members of your workforce team. You can add unity to your group, increase production, and make the work process flow more smoothly.
Contact us to learn more about our options for corporate events aboard a luxury yacht in the scenic San Diego Bay area.